Tips to cut down on false alarms in Decatur
False alarms can be a real issue for your home’s security. Not only can they be costly and time-consuming, but they may erode the faith you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you can do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Decatur home security system.
First, make sure that all components are set up as intended. This might seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that basic mistakes lead to false alarms. For the next step, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, including windows and doors that could be left open inadvertently. And of course, you should try to integrate the extra options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Decatur.
Might it be really that simple? Read on and discover for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Decatur are avoidable
Just like you would address any issue, the best course of action is to read the guidebook. Be certain that all your components are installed properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually inspect each device to be certain it didn't slip or need fresh batteries.
- Check your scheduling to make sure that your system isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Ensure all integrated smart devices are installed properly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Contact your customer service specialist if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Decatur home. They'll be happy to dispatch a tehnician to check your equipment.
Investigate your windows and doors
If your system checks out alright, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your windows and doors shut tight, or are any inadvertently ajar? If an entrance remains unsecured, it may trip a motion sensor. In the event your family constantly neglects to close an entry point, you could install a smart lock that automatically locks when your home security is engaged. Unfortunately, windows take more hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to turn off that sensor while protecting the remaining areas of the house.
Smart home automation tends to be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Decatur
One of the best techniques to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your home security system. With your mobile security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms caused by accidentally unlocking an entry point. Then have it automatically engage again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to deactivate when your smart front door lock is triggered with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system as you depart the property, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your implements notice uncommon movements or need a new battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Decatur when you get a Vivint smart home system
Increased authority over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (256) 305-1902 or complete the form below.