Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Decatur smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete charge of your Decatur home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find recommendations to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Decatur?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View current or saved video streams from any linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Decatur by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will display a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Decatur
Despite the fact that various users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, choose phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, press users, select the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Decatur home security system. Dial (256) 305-1902 to get started.